Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Things from yesterday:

I had a follow-up appointment, and I'm being referred on for some long-term work. It was kind of a good news/bad news situation. She definitely thought I could be "cured," but thought it would take awhile. But, she thought by the time I started teaching in the fall, I should feel better. I just need to get up the courage to call the insurance company and ask for the referral list. I hate the phone.

I backed off an argument with my dad last night, but my god, he makes me mad. He's all knee-jerk "you shouldn't go to New York because you'll get blown up." I explained that a senior advisor to the president of the RAND Corporation (how much more conservative does he need my sources to be?) suggested that the threat of getting blown up by a terrorist was minimal at best, but because the words came out of my mouth, they meant nothing. If he had read them on his own, they would be like gold, but since they were mine, they were like styrofoam.

I'm pleased to be running again. I ran two miles last night, and my knee hurt the entire time, but it doesn't hurt so much after I ice it, so I can put up with the pain while running. I want to be up to three miles by camp, four miles by the beginning of the season.

No comments: