Thursday, June 20, 2002


Good deal, I just got another e-mail from B97, and it looks like I can start listening to it again:

Good Morning;

As a follow-up to my email of yesterday, I want you to know that Kevin Osborne and I met with Troy yesterday afternoon to discuss his "on-air" comments. Based upon that conversation, I can assure you that Troy understands implicitly that these comments are not funny and are inappropriate on our station (or any station.) In short, they are NOT to be aired on our station anymore!

Your email was very useful in sharing with our entire announcing staff the need for sensitivity in our comments on the air. With the recent intolerance we have witnessed locally on Kirkwood Avenue.. this is a timely issue. Again, I thank you for taking the time to write. Your comments are most respected and appreciated. Intelligent discussion is the most appropriate method to effect change.

Have a great day!

Sandy Zehr
General Manager
WBWB/WGCT Radio
Bloomington, IN

No comments: