Tuesday, June 18, 2002

The text of the e-mail I sent to our local radio station, B97, WBWB. Still no reply.

Do you think we could get through one day without Troy making some disparaging remark about gay men? You know, I really make an effort to listen to your station because I appreciate the work that Pam Thrash does for the IU Women's Basketball team. I try to support her and her employer to pay her back for supporting women's athletics in this town. But, quite honestly, if I have to hear one more stupid, insensitive thing from Troy, I’m changing the channel and never coming back. I swear, every time I listen to his show, he says something completely insulting, either making anti-gay jokes, or (negative) suggestive comments, or something equally inane, and I'm tired of it.

Sincerely,

No comments: