Also, I discovered last week that my weight has shifted so much since the end of the season that my skates no longer fit me. I want to buy a new pair of skates anyway, but I'd like my body to decide what weight it wants to be before I cough up $250. I really want these CCM 1152 Tacks, but it's not very realistic to expect I can take a lower-paying job and still spend money freely on hockey equipment just because I want to. I did, however, finally order a new pair of shoulder pads. They had to backorder them, though, so I don't think they'll be here in time for camp. The skates are the real problem. Maybe I can find a used pair on E-bay if I get desperate.
Hockey things I want, preferably before camp, but probably not very likely:
- CCM 1152 Tacks
- An Indiana World Skate Academy T-shirt (or two)
- Itech women's shoulder pads (ordered---$45 bucks)
- New Shockdoctor mouthguard (or at least another one, in the theory that if I swap them out every other day, my mouth won't be so cut up at the end of the week)
- Another set of velcro tights
- A new helmet--one that freaking fits and doesn't have to be readjusted every 10 minutes.
- A smaller equipment bag, preferably CCM (okay, I admit that's a luxury, not a necessity)
I guess I should be trying on helmets. Mine is 2 years old and it's probably time to replace it, and if my feet have changed sizes, my head probably has, too.