Saturday, May 11, 2002

We did get up and go running, I guess that's the one positive thing to hold onto right now. About 1/2 way through grocery shopping I had to bail and go rest in the car. Came home and went to bed for a few hours. I don't know...Catherine mentioned asking Dr. Florini about a pain management clinic, but that seems so...final. I really think I have a few more years of good mobility in me and I don't want to give that belief up yet. Anyway, I'm not sure they'd consider it a good referral since I still refuse to have surgery. Surely if I was desperate, I'd let them cut me open, right? Well...whatever.

Well, one thing I'm going to do is definitely call and make that follow up appointment with Dr. Dellacqua on Monday. I'm not letting him put anything in my hand this time, but maybe he can come up with some other alternative.

My mom said my brother finally called yesterday. How can he be such a jerk? It's been 3 months since dad was in the hospital, and he's just calling now? He said he didn't call before because he thought Mom was mad at him. Well, no kidding. Why shouldn't she be? Mom said Dad gave him a bit of a lecture, it's about fucking time. He'd better stay away from me or he'll find out what real anger is all about.

No comments: