Wednesday, June 25, 2003

When Marcela said she'd send me a couple of books on Chilean architecture, I had no idea she meant books that she herself had written. Very pleased to have my own copies of Las estancias magallánicas and Cuidades y arquitectura portuaria--Los puertos mayores del litoral chileno. I'm a little short on time, but I'm way excited about the station book. I'm interested in typologies as a concept, actually, and I'm looking forward to reading the section on the typology of the sheep station, starting w/Australia and New Zealand. Anyway, I feel doubly bad for taking so long to get that balloon frame book in the mail to her. I can't even give the excuse that I was writing on it and therefore couldn't send it in a timely fashion. It was just laziness on my part.

No comments: