Wednesday, June 25, 2003

And now I need to decide how I feel about Howard Dean. On one hand, I think he sounds good. On the other hand, he's still a Democrat, and I'm afraid that party has lost me for good. I can't with good conscience stand inside a party that did absolutely nothing to prevent U.S. war-mongering (amongst about a hundred thousand other political crimes) after Sept. 11, 2001. A group of weak people sitting on their hands, doing absolutely nothing to prevent the Bush administration from having its way with the world. Plus, what did the last Democratic administration do for me as a queer? Nothing. Clinton didn't even bother to show up to the March on Washington in 1992, probably because he knew he was about to sell us down the river w/don't ask, don't tell. And don't even get me started on Clinton and the so-called "Defense of Marriage Act."

Anyway, Howard Dean is going to have to work very, very hard to bring me back into the two party system, that's all I can say. Let's see if he's up to it.

No comments: