Thursday, June 12, 2003

Just thinking about packing up everything we own and moving across the country makes me weep w/exhaustion. Some days, it seems like a really fine idea, going home. Other days, I can't imagine why we'd want to leave such an easy life. There's a lot to leave behind--I'm involved in about a million extracurricular activities, for one. And there's a quality of life we'll never be able to reproduce in an urban environment. It seems insane to throw ourselves into the rat race somewhere else where we'll never be as comfortable. But, still, it would be going home, wouldn't it? And that has to be better than being so far away, I guess.

I think this is just one of those "I'm trapped" weeks, where I'd rather be anywhere in the world but where I am at the moment. Wait awhile. It'll pass.

No comments: