Thursday, October 31, 2002

Well, at least I know now. After this school year is over, I never have to teach again.
3:26 PM


Happy Anniversary, dear.

I'll save the sweet, sappy stuff for later, but I guess I don't mind the world knowing how incredible the past ten years have been. I don't have any lyrical poems or snappy anecdotes to offer to demonstrate the depth of my feelings, but I suspect you already know I'm not that kind of gal. I'm not sure how I--how we--got to be so lucky. The moment I met you, I knew you were beyond my reach. And even if you weren't, I knew I would never be able to pull my act together enough to give you what you needed in a relationship. I've never been so glad to be wrong about something (you know how I hate to be wrong!). You have had my heart in your hand since the first time you smiled at me, and apparently you can see something in me that is hidden from everyone else in the world. It amazes me that someone as screwed up as me can end up with someone as warm, kind, nice, tender, caring, intelligent, and beautiful as you. It's definitely not proof of God, but it's proof of miracles.

It's not so much that I try to be a better for you, but just that I become a better person being near you. For that alone--separate from all the other ten thousand reasons I love you--is enough to make me grateful for the past ten years. I'm excited about the next ten years, it's hard to believe they can be better than the ones we've already spent together, but with you around, I'm willing to believe that anything is possible.

No comments: