Thursday, October 10, 2002

Every time I walk into the living room, Catherine is watching that damned public access channel that shows all the pictures of the animals who need to be adopted from the animal shelter. That's so not fair.
9:31 PM


Catherine's bud, Helen Horowitz, was in town tonight to lecture on her book, Rereading Sex: Battles Over Sexual Knowledge and Suppression in Nineteenth-Century America. Well-organized presentation, interesting topic, good speaker. Maybe I'll even read the book! But I doubt it, that would seriously cut into my trashy lesbian novel reading time.

I'm not a frequent attendee of lectures on campus. It's not that I don't like lectures, it's that I abhor question/answer sessions. I would have made a lousy academic, I never really wanted to stand up and discuss my work in public. One on one over coffee cake, fine. In front of a bunch of strangers asking stupid questions? No, thanks. And no one really asks questions about the presentation. It's all: "I'm studying this, and I know this, this and this. What do you think of that?" It's all about, "My topic is A, make your topic relate to it," usually couched in five minutes of name-dropping.

9:24 PM


benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubtbenefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt benefit of the doubt
10:01 AM


Thanks for the orange juice.

No comments: