Sunday, October 13, 2002

A prideful moment:

Today the instructors were feeding us pucks out of the corner so we could practice our shots. We had an orange construction cone set up in net to provide a specific target. I hit a one-timer on goal so hard (and so accurately) that I broke the cone. Shattered orange pieces all over the crease, and a puck-shape blast hole in the cone.

Cool.

10:14 PM


Game last night, first of the season. I am one tired kid, and I have a hockey lesson in two hours. My hamstrings are so tight they feel as if they could snap at any moment. It's going to be a long week. We had practice on Friday, then I made the mistake of staying up until 2:00 a.m. for basketball, then we had a game last night, and had to drive back late, then I have a lesson today, then practice Wednesday, practice Friday, a game in Indy on Saturday, and a game in Ohio on Sunday. I may die. If I'm lucky.

And I DO NOT have a cold. I will not, I refuse.

No comments: