Friday, October 11, 2002

I seriously need access to my e-mail.

I hope Catherine doesn't freak out when she gets home from work tonight. I did warn her I was going to start pulling up the carpets, but since I've been promising to re-do the floors for four years now, she probably didn't believe me. Either she didn't believe me, and she's going to have a heart attack when she sees the dining room tonight, or she's been worrying about it all day, and will end up being pleasantly surprised in the end. It could go either way. Since I can't e-mail her, I guess I'd better call her before I leave for practice to warn her.

Some parts of the job were tougher than I thought they would be, some parts were easier. I'm not sure if the hard parts were hard just because pulling up carpets is intrinsically difficult, or because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Probably a little of both. This was one of those days I wished my parents lived just down the street. I really needed a hive tool, but I don't even know where you could buy one in Bloomington. Overall, the floor is in pretty good condition. It just needs refinished, and I'm so tired and dirty right now, I think I may hire someone to do that job instead of doing it myself. Plus, I've been feeling pretty butch all day, and lately I've been wondering if that's necessarily a good thing, so maybe I should hire someone else.

My best advice to aspiring home-improvers: always wear your safety goggles. If I hadn't been wearing my glasses today, I would be minus one eye right now. As it is, I have something of a shiner. Next time I'll definitely bring the safety glasses in from the garage, too.

2:11 PM


I really hate it when my e-mail is down. Don't these people realize I actually use my e-mail for things other than just screwing off?

No comments: