Saturday, July 19, 2003

Who knew? All I had to do to dramatically raise the number of hits on my web page was to talk about Sushirobo. Did I mention they a) have a new album coming out this fall; b) it's called The Light-Fingered Feeling of Sushirobo; and c) I already have a copy of it? Hmmm?

Your attention, please: if you stumbled on this page by doing a Google search on "Sushirobo," you probably don't really need to be here reading my opinion of the album. Let me make something clear--I am in NO WAY cool enough to be listening to Sushirobo, much less writing about the band. I'm a boring, middle-aged, seriously geekish, semi-employed woman who hasn't been to a club in probably ten years. I'm not cool, never have been, never will. When we were all in college together, the cool, indie kids were listening to the Posies, right? Well, I was probably off being a dork, reading a book and listening to someone like Barbara Mandrell. So I can't tell you anything vaguely useful about Sushirobo, other than the fact that if I was your mother, I'd make you buy all the CDs Pattern 25 Records has to offer BECAUSE I SAID SO.

Also, I'm a big fan of Barry Shaw's drumming. So, there you go. Be sure and watch for the new Sushirobo release.

No comments: