Monday, February 09, 2004

That's my name, don't wear it out.

I've been using a hyphenated last name for ten years, give or take a couple months. Catherine has never really been into sharing my last name, for whatever reason. Probably the same reason she never thought she wanted to get married, I don't know. At any rate, a couple of months ago, she suddenly decided now was the time to make the change over. I think it was purely practical--she was out of business cards, and had to get more printed anyway, so she might as well change her name. That and the fact she realized she was graduating in December and wouldn't have access to free student legal services after the New Year.

So, today is the day when it all becomes final. I'm all polished up and ready to go to court this afternoon and finish the deal. If she wants to throw me over for a younger, healthier woman, she's going to have to go through the hassle and expense of changing her name back after this.

No comments: