Thursday, February 26, 2004

Message from Japan.

Wednesday, 2/25/04

"We had gorgeous weather here today, so I checked out one more holy spot, the Heian Shrine (a relatively new one, built in 1895 to celebrate the 1100th anniversary of Kyoto as the capital of Japan, even though it wasn't anymore by 1895). It's famous for its garden, which was beautiful even without the cherry blossoms. I communed with the very friendly carp in the ponds. On the way to the shrine I did a bit of shopping--the saleswomen are soooo nice here that it's very easy to spend money. Not to worry--I was still able to pay my hotel bill this evening...

"We're off tomorrow morning to Tokyo. I believe we're going to visit a sex museum, which should be a unique experience. You should probably be glad you're back in Indiana..."

No comments: