Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Ready to go.

End to another crazy day. Up way too early to drive to Columbus for an interview. I think it went pretty well, but I'm apparently not the best judge of that, so I'm really not going to worry about it too much. Drove back home, dumped off my portfolio, and returned the rental car. The rental was a 2003 version of the car we bought yesterday, and even though it was thrashed, it still handled the hills between here and Columbus really smoothly, so I'm looking forward to going over them in the 2004 model. I'd be pleased to do it on a daily basis.

Let's see. Returned the rental, came home and cranked on my homework for an hour or so, made some phone calls about another job possibility. Cleaned up a cover letter and resume and sent them out. Dashed into campus for a late afternoon interview. It also seemed to go pretty well, but I feel fairly lukewarm about the job itself. The pay isn't the greatest, IT work doesn't really excite me, but a job is a job, I say. I'll take it if they offer it, with pleasure.

Grocery shopping is done. Parents have been called and wished well. Clothes are laid out for tomorrow morning. Catherine's got money for a cab and the pharmacy bill. I'm fed and watered, and unlikely to break the rules and eat or drink anything after midnight. Catherine will be checking my e-mail for me for the next couple of days (fielding those thousands of job offers). I can't think of anything else I need to do, so I guess I'll just go brush my teeth and go to bed. Nothing wrong with that plan.

No comments: