Tuesday, March 02, 2004

The day, she is crazy.

And to describe it would take more words than I'm capable of producing right now. The condensed version:

1. I have a job interview tomorrow in a town 40 miles away. I don't really want a job with that kind of commute, but on the other hand, a job is a job, and this would be a GOOD job, doing what I want to do with my life. So wish me luck.

2. I have to drive the rental car to the interview tomorrow because our car can't be driven that far without an estimated $1400.00 worth of repairs.

3. The estimated resale value of red 1995 Toyota Corolla located in the midwest? Roughly $2800.00.

4. Even if we wanted to sink $1400.00 into our car, we don't have that kind of money. We called my in-laws to see if they could finance the repairs. When Catherine's dad heard how much the bill was going to be, he suggested we look around and see how much it would cost to buy a new car.

5. We spent from 11:00-7:00 at the Toyota dealership WASTING OUR TIME. We did leave for an hour so I could go to the hospital to do pre-op paperwork and get some blood drawn. (They only let us leave the lot when we agreed to test drive a car on the way to the hospital and back.) Other than that? Eight hours of people trying to sell us things we didn't want.

6. My in-laws are buying us a new Toyota Corolla SE. It was the car we first asked about when we arrived at 11:00, and the dealership spent eight hours trying to sell us something else instead. Idiots. I can say "No, that's not what I want," as many times as they can say, "How about [fill in the blank with a car we'll never be able to afford]?"

7. The car should arrive some time this week, just in time for me to not be able to drive it.

8. I never want to leave my house again. I am exhausted and weepy, Catherine is jet-lagged and sick, and we couldn't care less about having a new car.

No comments: