Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Most of my students last semester failed to write out instructor evaluations. Of the five or so that did, all were in agreement about my lack of organization. If they thought I was disorganized then, they should see me now. I feel like I've been running in circles all morning, trying to pull together class materials, write assignments, update web pages, exchange textbooks, etc. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have figured out just what it is I need to do to fully prep for a class. AutoCAD isn't giving me the problem, since I've taught it before and have it more or less worked out. It's Construction Materials & Specifications and Architectural Design & Layout that are keeping me up at night.

That being said, I'm already happier than I was at my last job. I'm going to be stressed, no doubt, and I'll probably complain too much, but as I was sitting in class this morning (one of the classes I'm taking, not one I'm teaching), I was just so happy that I don't have to go back to my old job. And I'm going to learn tons of new stuff as I'm prepping Const. Mat. & Specs, probably more than I'll learn in the courses I'm taking, so that should keep me going when things get hectic.

Yay me for doing something that scared me--it was a good decision.

No comments: