Sunday, May 09, 2004

So, yeah. I fucked up my shoulder, and it wasn't like I was doing anything I wasn't supposed to be doing. I was only doing things recommended by my physical therapist, but at this point, I'm starting to wonder if she has any idea what she's doing. She seems to think that strength training will fix all my problems, it's just that my shoulder is weak, but I swear to god that there's something actually wrong with the connections inside there. Something isn't attached like it should be, or maybe it's not attached at all, I don't know. I'm not sure exactly what to do. I don't have another appointment with my orthopedic surgeon until the 17th, and I have two more physical therapy appointments between now and then. I've stopped doing the strength exercises on the theory that sharp pain is never good, no matter what anyone says, and I think I'm just going to have to dig in my heels and insist on another evaluation on Tuesday. We'll see.

No comments: