Friday, May 14, 2004

A little tired and stressed, I think. My mother- and sister-in-law are coming into town tomorrow, and we're having dinner for ten on Sunday. It sounded manageable at one point, but that was before my paycheck went almost equally toward my latest hospital bill and my student loan payment and left me wondering how I'm going to afford groceries next week. Suddenly I feel panicky and unable to cope. I feel lonely, actually, and that seems a bit silly given that I'm about to have a house full of people. I don't know...there's a lot going on in life that just doesn't translate well to text, so I seem to just carry it around with me.

Anyway, we must hope that it eventually stops raining, and we must hope the Brood X cicadas stay in the ground until at least Monday. If I can get those two things taken care of, maybe the rest will take care of itself.

No comments: