Sunday, May 04, 2003

It was kind of like being in a movie--a small town in middle America, a parade with the high school band, the streets around the town square closed off for a small scale carnival, and a community band on the lawn.

That would be us, the community band. Given it was my first concert in forever, and my first as a percussionist, I think it went pretty well. Well...I screwed some stuff up, but so did everyone else, so that was okay. And I forgot the sunblock, which was not okay. Other than that, it's over, it went pretty well, and I'm ready to take a nap.

Completely nervous before the concert (I should have done up my shirt one button higher):



The entire band, ready to play:


During Windstar, right after Brian yelled at me to throw him the woodblock:


Catherine catches me between songs, looking manic:


Tim, Brian and I, totally focused, during the Washington Post March.

No comments: