Sunday, May 18, 2003

How does this work? I get out of bed saying that I'm not going to do any work today, none at all, and the next thing I know, I'm in the mud transplanting tomato plants. Why does this happen to me?

For a day of no work, I was awfully busy. We planted a whole bunch of stuff, almost all heirloom plants. The things that weren't heirloom were at least organic, with the possible exception the cucumbers. Maybe they'll die! I hope something grows for Catherine's sake, she's pretty emotionally involved w/all the little plants we've been raising. I pretty much don't like gardening, so it's going to be a long summer.

This morning we planted: tomatoes, two kinds of peppers, eggplant, beans, onions, carrots, squash, zucchini, melon, watermelon, pumpkin, and maybe something else, I can't remember. Amanda is going to treat the peas and plant those tomorrow, I guess. It's a little late to be putting in some of these crops, but we've got a long growing season in Indiana, so we'll see what happens.

I also ended up edging all the walks, and moving some gravel to fill a muddy spot on our driveway. Catherine is cleaning out gutters even as I type. Why aren't weekends just for resting? I want to know.

No comments: