Tuesday, May 20, 2003

I am just stubborn enough to drag my feet about going out to dinner. And maybe I'll regret it later, but then again, maybe it would be nice to assert myself for a change.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah. I spent most of yesterday in bed, or on the couch. When I woke up, my head was totally clogged up, my allergies finally kicked in, I guess. I stayed in bed really late hoping it would go away, but it never really did.

I'm down to about three tasks on my "get the yard in at least slightly better shape" list. Yesterday's task was to finish trimming the hedges around the house. I'd done one bush the day before, and had three to go. By the time I got through the second, I was so congested, I almost called it a day. And I guess I should have, because by the time I got through with the third, I couldn't breathe at all. Kind of like...I don't know, an asthma attack? What I imagine an asthma attack would feel like, I guess.

Well, we're going to hire Bob Rogers to finish the trimming, because in the long run, it's less expensive to hire him than it is to pay for a trip to the emergency room. I hate to waste a perfectly good trip to my doctor on something as lame as allergies, but I think I might have to now. Anyway, I've promised to stop working on the yard until Catherine's home to help me.

I think we're supposed to be doing landscaping at the Habitat house this weekend, I may cancel.

No comments: