Sunday, August 17, 2003

What is thoroughly cool today: Diane gave me her dad's old snare drum. Very vintage, very awesome Ludwig snare from the 1950s. Sharp sound, tons better than my own snare, and I'm in love with it. I want to be in a rock and roll band that plays music from the late 1950s/early 1960s. I will give myself a buzz cut and wear a suit and tie and Buddy Holly glasses, and everyone will say, "Hey, is that Drew Carey on the set?"

What is thoroughly uncool today: I've just spent the last three hours working over various forms of my resume/CV, editing cover letters, and generally trying to sell myself to the world. I hate this whole process. It is kind of funny--I'm applying for one job that I don't really want, but am really qualified for. By the time I finished editing my resume and writing up a cover letter, I felt bad that I don't even want the job because, damn, I'm a good candidate.

No comments: