Saturday, August 02, 2003

I love getting rejection letters.

I didn't get the full time job at Ivy Tech. I'm not surprised, but I am a little angry that they didn't even bother to give me an interview. I was more than qualified, had the education and the experience, more than enough in both cases. I've been an adjunct faculty member at the college for three semesters, and had good student evaluations. You'd think they'd at least make the effort, if only for appearances' sakes. I guess what they're really saying is, "Hey, if you want to teach for almost no money, with no support, we'll take you, but no way are you good enough for us to pay a living wage."

But you know what? I don't even fucking care. Not about being unemployed, not about anything. Government sponsored indiscriminate killing in Iraq? Who cares? The creepy Pope trying to govern my body? Whatever. Ripping a hole in the ozone? Not going to worry about it. You can beat people to death with a big stick, and I don't give a damn.

No comments: