Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Not enough hours in the day.

Today I worked nine and a half hours. That doesn't really sound like much, but once I added the commute on top of it, it *was* much. There's just not enough time to get everything done. Five hours of the day were taken up meeting with the exhibit designers who will be doing the design for the children's museum one which we're working. Children's museums are kind of funny things, they're like the institutional form of playdates: make an appointment for your kids to be creative.

A whole lotta people came over from the Cincinnati Museum Center to spend some time in the space and mark up exhibit locations and things like that. The CMC has some great exhibits (although I have to admit I pretty much raced through the children's section, since I have none of my own), and I think the designers will do a good job with our museum. It was really pretty interesting, watching these people do something I know absolutely nothing about. I did participate here and there (pretty vocal on my terrarium views), but mostly it was a learning experience.

So, that was most of my day, and the rest was spent running around getting blueprints made and plan review forms signed and things Fed-Ex'ed all over the country. Now I'm so tired I'm not even sure I can stay awake to try one of these peanut butter toffee cookies Catherine just started making. I might just go to bed right now.

No comments: