Wednesday, November 27, 2002

I was right. I'm on my way to the grocery store RIGHT NOW.
4:07 PM



  • Grocery store
  • Petsmart
  • Library
  • Try key at 902
  • Pick up sketches
  • Get yourself a cup of coffee
  • Gym?
  • Check:

    • Oil
    • Washer fluid
    • Antifreeze

  • Pack lock de-icer
  • Empty back seat, trunk
  • Haircut
  • Buy card for C.
  • Find letter to David
  • Post office (David, SLG)
  • Cash machine



8:08 AM

C: You know I love you, don't you?
S: Yeah.
C: So I can stop telling you?
S: Yeah. Wait....no! You tricked me!

My wife amuses me.

She sent a list with me to the grocery store this morning. Some things on it were very detailed. For instance, she didn't just write down "oatmeal," she wrote down the namebrand and the flavor, as if I hadn't noticed what kind of oatmeal she's eaten every morning for the past two years.

But then I get to the part where she wants me to buy stuff to make a pie, and it says "pie filling." Give me some help here! I'm standing in the canned fruit aisle looking at all the variations of cherries, blueberries, blackberries, etc., and I have no freaking idea which ones could go in a pie. And she writes down "whipping cream." Can I get a small carton? Do I need two? Should it be heavy whipping cream? I have no idea.

So, she got her oatmeal, and she got some pie filling and whipping cream, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making another trip to the store this evening to correct my mistakes.

No comments: