Monday, March 03, 2008

Let's Hope.

Okay. So, I've been completely stressed out about my minor field exam (among other things). I'd talked to my minor field advisor about what to expect generally, and I thought I had a good handle o what the possibilities were for questions. Then, a few weeks ago, she handed me a piece of paper and said, "This is more or less what your exam question will look like." It was nothing like I'd been expecting, and in fact, none of the reading I'd done really addressed the question. That was kind of bad, since I'd JUST THAT DAY finished reading everything from the minor field bibliography.

Anyway, I've been trying not to think about it actively, just let my mind spin with in those hours after 3 a.m. when I can't sleep from anxiety. Today, I finally deliberately let myself think about it, and lo and behold, I think over the past few weeks I've come up with something of an answer when I wasn't really paying attention. Let's just hope she doesn't change her mind in the next 10 days.

1 almost down, 3+1 to go.

No comments: