Thursday, September 25, 2003

Well...Friday is the Big Day. Everything is packed except the pair of denim shorts currently in the washing machine, I'm printing out directions to our hotel, Catherine is wrapping the wedding present for Anne and Eric, and I just ate a chocolate chip cookie. Can't think of anything else I need to do...damn, I'm probably missing something.

I really hate to fly, always have, always will. But I have to admit, I'm looking forward to having an excuse to do absolutely nothing except sleep for a few hours. I am so tired. I sat down after work this afternoon to talk to the cats, and fell asleep before I could even think about not doing so. I'd probably still be crashed out if Catherine hadn't called me mid-afternoon to ask me...something...what? Can't remember, I was asleep at the time.

Okay. I'm going to take a shower, clear Catherine's stuff off the bed and crash, not to move again until 4 a.m. tomorrow morning. Then I am going to drag my sorry self up to Indy, get on a plane, sleep through the entire flight to Oregon, and wake refreshed and rejuvenated when we touch down in Portland. Enjoy a night in 'burbs with the 'rents and get a good night's sleep.

Then I'm going to fly to Sacramento, drive to Chico, and...then what? Worry for a couple hours? Doesn't matter, 'cause after that, I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend having a great time, no worries at all. This is going to be good.

No comments: