Friday, October 03, 2003

Well, now I get to make a choice.

I've been pretty good at just letting things slide at work, letting my co-workers talk about whatever the heck they want to talk about. If it gets too bad, I just say something like, 'Hey, chick in the dough room, and she doesn't want to hear about your equipment, okay?" and everyone just laughs and I usually succeed in getting the subject changed. I haven't complained about the music, I haven't complained about the punk rock boys calling each other "bitch," I haven't really done much of anything except my job.

But really, should I have to listen to this at work? I thought I was doing pretty good letting this one slip by without comment, but I'm not sure I can keep my mouth shut if I have to listen to this one again. I don't know, the only other woman in the kitchen doesn't complain, and I feel like I shouldn't, either, but really, can I really be expected to be happy about going to work when I know this stuff is going to be going full blast all day long?

No comments: