Monday, April 29, 2002

Well, Diane thinks I was being insensitive, and she said if she was Catherine, she'd have been really mad at me. I just can't help the way I feel. I feel bogged down and trapped, like nothing is ever going to change, like for the rest of my life I'm going to wake up and have to face the same thing, over and over. I just want us to grow and develop a little instead of becoming so completely complacent with our lives. And I realize this is my approach to life, not Catherine's, and I'm imposing it on her, but somehow it seems that when we got together, this was more of what she wanted, too. I just feel like I'm always looking for new things, new ideas, new places, and then I have to drag her along because it doesn't occur to her to do the same.

My workouts are for me. If she wants to be a part of them, she can't make me sacrifice anything. If she doesn't want to run when I do, she should run on her own. If I need two hours, and she only needs one, she should arrange transportation home. It's not my fault she doesn't drive, and I am so tired of waiting, waiting, waiting, every day. It never changes.

This is not how I envisioned my life turning out.

No comments: