Well, seriously, I can do better than that. Things I considered writing about:
1. A funny conversation about long underwear I had in the women's locker room at CRCE with a retired school teacher. Funny because it demonstrated that no matter how old you are, you still worry about looking like a dork in front of undergrads.
2. The fact that the soundtrack from Pardes has been banging into the back of my head all week. It wasn't until I listened to it that I remembered all the scenes in the movie that were filmed in Fatehpur Sikri. We've been looking at FS in my Rajput Palaces seminar.
3. My hate-love-hate relationship with the ice rink. Spent three hours there on Saturday night watching a so-so game of hockey (didn't check out the heavily advertised wireless networking capabilities); spent a couple of hours there on Sunday watching a short-track competition. Why am I wasting my time?
4. The general sense of depression and confusion I go through every Wednesday after my a.m. seminar.
5. The weather.
6. Reactions to various movies I've seen lately. All I can say is that the movie we're watching in Hindi class better turn out to be telling me something other than "men suck," because I didn't need to watch all this stupidity to come to that opinion. I've pretty much got that one covered on my own.
6a. The fan letter I should be writing to Preity Zinta to thank her for her crystal-clear Hindi. SRK, no letter for you.
7. My own arrogance and the way it interferes with my academic career.
7a. The difficult transition from being in charge of your classroom to becoming a T.A.
8. Various opinions on various people with whom I spend my time. Not that I would write about that in my blog even if I was writing a lot, but it's still a potential topic, I suppose.
9. My research. Again, nothing I would ever write about in my blog, but again, that could be a potential topic.
10. The fact that the pipe underneath our back parking lot has broken three times in the last week. This should probably be topic 5-sub-a.
11. Sports. Genetically encoded in my DNA. Ask my wife.
12. And, no, I am not against gay marriage. That point should be probably be 4-sub-a.
13. Lucky number.