Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Well, I'm packed, well in advance of my departure date. Packing really wasn't on my schedule until tomorrow a.m., but I figured...why not get it over with? I don't have any wise words about packing for India--all I can say is that I'm not taking much in the way of clothes. I'm trying to decide if I need to bring my tennis shoes. Indiamike says no, and Indiamike has become my god, so...two fewer things to pack. I've got a lot of awkwardly shaped things (small toys for the host family, for instance) that just don't work well in a backpack, but I guess if they get crushed, that's life. My carry on is suspiciously light, making me wonder what I'm forgetting. I guess I have 40 hours or so to figure it out. I actually feel like I've overpacked, but it's hard to know what's superfluous when you've never visited a country before.

Since I'm packed, that means I'm free to spend the two nights watching Bollywood movies, right? I've still got Parineeta and Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa. I am way hoping I get to see Krrish! in Jaipur, even though I expect the movie to be horrible.

No comments: