Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Okay, kidlings, this seems like news worthy of an update (although the observant among you have noticed that there is recurrent activity just two posts down):

Yesterday I got word that not only am I going to India for the summer, I'm going to India *for free*. I found out over spring break that I was accepted into the AIIS Summer Language Program (I'm thinking that my exam was so horrible that they thought, "Oh, bhagvan, we must send this girl to India so quickly because she needs more help than we can give her here!"), but I was trying not to think about it because I really couldn't afford to go. Yesterday, they let me know that I got a Critical Languages Scholarship (possibly proving that the U.S. State Department is good for something?) that covers all my expenses for the summer, including airfare (running around $1500 right now).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled silence.

No comments: